I have not been procrastinating writing this post. I have been avoiding it. After spending a couple of weeks experimenting with newsreaders, I have decided that I prefer Bloglines to Google Reader because it offered some topics when I signed up that interested me, such as the Abstract Art feed from flickr, without forcing me to go search for them in cyberspace. I also added news feeds from CNN, BBC news, and NPR: Arts & Entertainment. A lot of the major headlines repeat on each site, so it is nice to have them feed into one place and decide whether or not I want to read them later.
I have also discovered that Bloglines is a great way to keep up with the knitty blog, a blog that is part of the online magazine called knitty. Apparently the United Nations has declared 2009 "The International Year of Natural Fibers." INYF for short. The UN decided this in December of 2006. Where have I been?
As for topix and syndic8, I was less than impressed. Overall I preferred the layout of topix, but it didn't bring me any closer to knitting resources than Ravelry or knitting blogs already do. The FAQ pages for both sites are more complex than the manual that came with my computerized sewing machine. The sewing machine is easier to use.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment